If you need to solve a problem that is related to how to print a photo, then first check if the printer is connected and whether your computer’s operating system sees it. Just in case, also check the ink levels in the mfp cartridges so that printing doesn’t get stuck at the most important moment. In addition, in order to answer the question of how to print a photo, you should decide in advance on the images that you want to print. In general, printing a photo on a printer is very simple, the main thing is to follow the instructions below.
- To solve the problem related to how to print a photo from a computer to a printer, find the desired image and double-click on it with the left mouse button to open it using the appropriate program.
- Run the print command by clicking on the corresponding icon located on the software toolbar for opening photos and pictures.
- In the window that opens, specify all the necessary parameters that will allow you to print your photos really the way you want, otherwise the result may disappoint you. And first, select the device with which you are going to solve the problem of how to print an image using a printer.
- Also select the print quality according to your goal. If it is not an important parameter, then in order to save paint, it is better to set its value to the average.
- Decide on the paper size, number of copies required, and print style.
- Finally, save your changes and run a print command on your printing device.
If you are going to print several photos from a computer to a printer on one page, then follow these steps:
- Click on the required photos while holding down the Ctrl button.
- Open the context menu of any of the selected image by clicking on it with the right mouse button. Find the item called “Print” and click on it.
- In the opened window for printing an image, you should specify the number of copies and a specific size.
- Be sure to use the preview function of the resulting images so that the problem of how to print a picture on a printer from a computer is really successfully solved, and you do not have to reprint, unnecessarily wasting ink and paper.
- If the result that you saw on the screen, having resorted to the preview, satisfied you, then you can safely press the button to start the printing process.
In general, as you have probably seen, it is very easy and simple to answer the question of how to print a photo using a conventional printer. The main thing is that you initially know what results you want to get, because the print setting you make will depend on them. In addition, in no case be lazy to use such a convenient feature as preview.
What if the printer won’t print photos?
- So, if the device does not print images on photographic paper, then the problem may be in it. Somehow, the printer cannot detect it. Try to print the image on a regular sheet, and if you succeed, then the photo paper you bought earlier is the source of the problem.
- In addition, there may be a problem of this kind with the print head, which is printing text but the photo is not. In this situation, try to clean it, but if this fails, then contact any reliable service center.
- Unlikely, but a possible source of the problem could be ink in the cartridge, of which there is very little left in order to print a full photo.
- The elimination of such a malfunction consists in reinstalling or refilling the cartridge.
- Most likely, the reason that the printer does not print photos, but prints documents with text, is the lack of device drivers. In this case, no printing errors will pop up on the PC monitor and the computer will see the connected equipment, but a message about the lack of drivers will light up on the device display. The fact is that the printer also has internal drivers that are designed for the correct operation of the device, recognition of all kinds of commands, etc. In general, such a malfunction may appear during the manual reconfiguration of the device. To eliminate it, you will need the help of professionals.
- Another possible reason for the described problem may be associated with the software itself, which is used to open the image and then print it. Try uninstalling it, then reinstall it and print a test image using plain paper.