To solve the problem related to how to print a PDF, first you need to download and install the appropriate program from Adobe. After that drag the PDF document to the main program window or any web browser. Then you should open the “File” menu and click on the “Print” item. To print PDF files on several sheets, for example, on 2 sheets, follow these steps:
- In the dialog box that opens, select the mfp or printer on which you plan to print 2, 3 or more files from pdf formats. When doing this, make sure that there are enough sheets of paper loaded in the machine.
- Now you have to decide on the pages you want to print. To print only certain pages of a document or a specific range of pages, be sure to indicate this in the section titled “Pages to Print”. It should be noted that the page range must be separated by a dash.
- Also make other print settings by clicking on “Properties” – this is necessary in order for the printed document to turn out the way it should. For example, adjust the layout, print quality, choose between black and white and color printing. If you want to save paper and print on 2 sides of the sheet, then go to the “Layout” tab in the “Print Type” section and check the box that implies duplex printing. With this manipulation, you can print 2 pages on one sheet of paper.
- In the end, you should save the changes you made and click on the button that starts the printing process. Don’t forget to use the Preview feature before doing this. It is thanks to her that you can learn how to print documents without the need to retype them, which will allow you to save both sheets and ink / toner.
What if the PDF file does not print?
Often there are problems related to the fact that the PDF does not print. To answer the question of why a document with this format is suddenly not printed by the device, first try sending another PDF file for printing. Make all the necessary settings as described above and click on “Print”. If the document will be printed in normal mode, then this indicates that the previous file is damaged.
In the event that even another PDF file refuses to print, then try opening the desired document through another program, for example, Notepad or Microsoft Word. In this situation, you just need to change the file extension or just right-click on it and select “Open with”. If printing is OK in this case, then the source of the problem is the files themselves or even programs (which is unlikely). Otherwise, pay attention to the following recommendations.
If you decide to print a PDF file on 1, 2 or more sheets, but this process is very slow and long, then try to check the USB cable. Reconnect it to another connector or replace it with a new one. Also, restart your PC, and then close any programs that automatically start after turning on the computer. Send 1-2 sheets of any PDF document to print, and if the described actions did not help, then the possible source of the problem is insufficient memory on the PC:
- Make sure there is enough free space on the local drives of your PC to print the PDF file, especially the large size.
- According to the recommendations from Adobe, the amount of free space on the hard disk of the PC should be approximately 3-5 times the size of the file sent to print.
- Also, be sure to close all other software after starting the PDF printing process. According to the same recommendations, the process of printing documents with this format should allocate at least half of the PC’s system resources.
If you never saw any text or image of the file sent to print on a sheet of paper, then the source of the problem may lie in the device itself. In this case, follow these steps:
- Press the power button to turn it off.
- Wait about 15 seconds, then turn the device back on.
- Print the PDF file again and if the problem related to how to print the document in PDF format is solved, then its source was most likely an overflowed printer memory.
Also, please note that Adobe recommends that you open, print, and save directly from your PC’s hard drive to avoid damage to PDF files and possible printing problems. Those. the source of the problem may be the peripheral itself, such as a USB flash drive or CD.
If you want to print a secure PDF, then for this you need special programs, for example, PDF Unlocker, A-PDF Password Security, A-PDFPasswordSecurity and some others. Some of these software converts a protected PDF file into a regular one, after which you can open and print them.