Some users sometimes face the need to solve a problem related to how to connect a printer to a computer. In general, it is quite easy and simple to connect an MFP or printer to a PC, and any beginner can handle it. To do this, you need to connect the printer / mfp to a computer and a power source, and also install the device software, i.e. special software. Moreover, for any operating system, the sequence of actions will be identical, even if the device connects to windows 10. The main thing in solving this problem is a step-by-step approach. The following detailed description should help you in this matter.
- First you need to connect the device for printing to the electrical network and turn it on. If the device is new, i.e. just purchased, be sure to remove in accordance with the instructions all transport belts, which are usually yellow or orange.
- Insert cartridges into a brand new multifunctional device according to the illustrations provided in the instructions supplied with it, which necessarily come in one set with such a device.
- In the next step, you have to turn off the new printer and connect it to the USB port of the PC using a USB cable, which is usually purchased separately from the device.
- Turn on the device you just connected to the pc and pay attention to the computer. It should detect the printing device, after which the operating system installed on it will display messages like “Found new hardware” in a light yellow window, and its name will be displayed below.
- If you connected the printer to your computer correctly, then you should open a window called “Found New Hardware Wizard”. The CD with device drivers preinstalled in the drive will take effect after you choose to install automatically or install from a specified location and click on “Next”. Installation in automatic mode is definitely the preferred option.
- After the software of the connected kenon printer or some other brand is installed, you just have to check if the new hardware has been installed and is ready to work. To do this, go to “Printers and Faxes” through the “Start” menu and find the desired device in the list of devices that opens. Right-click on its name and select “Properties” from the drop-down list. Click on the test print and evaluate the result. In this case, you may find it useful to configure the device in accordance with your preferences and requests.
If the above method does not suit you, then you can connect the printer to the computer without the New Hardware Wizard, i.e. directly from the supplied CD-ROM. To do this, you just need to insert it into the drive and, after automatic launch, find the corresponding inscription in the menu and click on it. Pre-check the connection of the computer to the printer so that during the installation you do not have any problems, and after its completion, the installed device is ready for setup and operation.
Another option that allows you to connect to a computer using a USB cable is to install the driver from the window with a list of printers and faxes. There you should find the installation of a new device and select the following: “Local printer connected to this computer.” If you want the PC operating system to find the device connected to it by itself, check the box next to the item that automatically detects the printer. Of course, in order to connect a device using this option, there must be a CD with the new hardware software in the drive.
If you don’t have the drivers or you just decided to update them. do not like to use old versions, then you can find suitable software for your device on our website or on the official website of its manufacturer. It will be quite easy to navigate through its web resource, because all the sites of world manufacturers of printing office equipment have Russian-language versions. After downloading, you have to unpack the archive, and then simply install.
If the methods involving connecting a PC to a printer using a USB cable do not suit you, then you can use a Wi-Fi router to solve this problem. You can find out how to properly connect the device to a computer in this way in this article: connecting a printer through a router. It is also possible to connect a printing device via a local network – read more about this in the article: “How to connect a printer via a local network”.
In general, the recommendation presented in this article should help you accurately understand the organization of communication between office equipment and a personal computer. We hope that the printer will connect without any problems. Otherwise, ask for help from a more experienced friend or call the master at home.